I am pissed at Colorado Technical University.I went through 2 years and almost 25,000 dollars.

Along the way I had to withdraw twice. Once because my house was flooded for 2 weeks and next because I got into a car accident and had 2 broken legs. Both times they reaccepted me with no problems. I would try and email my adviser and never an answer.

The only time they would contact me is if my financial aide information needed adjustment. In other words they would only contact me if there was a problem with my money.

Until last week, 3 months before I graduate my adviser finally returns my emails (after 15 attempts to speak with her, Irene Hurt (if you have her get another adviser)). She informs me that because of my withdrawals and a couple of classes that had to be retaken I am not "mathematically" eligible to graduate. They have a rate of progress rule that if you do not pass 80% of the classes you take they will still take your money and let you go to class but never give you your degree.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a school that actually cares about their students DON'T GO TO COLORADO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY ONLINE.Save your money and time and go to a different school that actually cares about its students.

Had an Experience with Colorado Technical University Online?

Comments

can someone tell me how I un enroll from this school the semester has not started yet and I don't have classes yet I just don't want to be a student here and the advisors wont return my emails whne I tell them I no longer want to attend

I received my associates from CTU.I decided to go to another college for my bachelors degree and was informed that out of 100 credits only 52 credits will transfer over.

Apparently CTU lies about there codes matching up to other colleges so we don't run into this problem.

I am in debt to student loans of about $24,000 and I will have to pay even more to retake those classes that I shouldn't have to do again.That is *** since I specifically asked CTU about credits transfering

I've been with CTU now since 2009, and I have loved every moment of this program.I always get an return call or email from the professors, advisors and any member of the staff.

I just recently recieved my Bachelors degree and working towards my Masters in Criminal Justice.It works for me to be in this online program.

#219069

I am attending CTU and I recieve several emails each week from them, and also they call me to check on me at least twice a month. It is hard to believe that you tried to contact them, and had absolutely no response back from them.

As far as having to pass your classes, welcome to college. No university or college is going to give you a degree, if you have not passed enough classes to earn it.

CTU is fully accredited, and you should find out which classes you need to retake to graduate, take and pass those classes, and then go on to bigger and better things in your life.

#207672

I am attending CTU Online for my Bachelor's after having earned my Associate's through them. I have had 3 deaths in my family, have had to move, have had to spend time in the hospital, had to be with my husband through various surgeries, and had my hard drive blow up on me, yet I found ways to keep up with all my assignments and I graduated with a 3.87 GPA with my Associate's and am maintaining a 4.0 GPA right now.

You are a grown-up now, which makes you responsible for your own life and priorities. If you do not want to waste your tuition money then you find ways to make it work.

When you did not receive communications from your advisor then why did you not contact the advisory department yourself? You "settled" and are now complaining. This should not be a complaint against CTU, but a complaint against yourself.

When you gain some maturity and are able to continue with your education then perhaps you will take this knowledge with you and learn from it.

...ummm...welcome to college.... you have to pass by a certain percentage to graduate. Perhaps you should call the school and find out what you need to do to graduate, or transfer your credits to another school...CTU is Regionally Acrredited so that can be done....